Followers

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hostess Monday with Larelyn


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's Larelyn from Handmade From My Heart.
For my Hostess Monday project I decided to try a new medium.  I saw a tutorial using colored pencils on Kraft paper.  The image was stamped with white pigment ink and then colored with Prismas.  Since our images are digital, I ran the Kraft paper through the printer to print my image and then stamped a border image.  Coloring on Kraft was a bit tricky - although there is "tooth" in this brand, it was irregular so blending wasn't really easy. 
 Here's the finished product.  Boy, do I look like a beginner LOL!
I'm OK with the floral and heart border but choosing a white bunny on this brand of Kraft (Tim Holtz) wasn't the best idea so I decided to start again using SAX 90# bright white drawing paper. 
I was definitely happier with the results.
This paper allowed me to blend colors easily, both by layering the colors and using the Prisma Blender pen.  I did lay in a background wash using Copic BG0000

I used Huggy Bunny for both cards.
Huggy Bunny

Here are photos of the process I used:





I think it's always fun to try new things and new ways to use our wonderful digital stamps.
As with learning to use Copic Markers, mastering pencils will take lots of practice.  It's certainly a new learning curve for me.  I hope you'll be adventurous and try new things.  
Thanks for joining me today.

0 comments on "Hostess Monday with Larelyn"