Hello - it's Helen N here with this week's Hostess Monday post and I'm going show you to make a little gift wallet that can be used for lots of things - money, lottery tickets, gift cards and lots more!
To make my project I've used the very cute:
You will also need:
one sheet of blue A4 coloured card
white card to print your digi stamp and paper on
colouring medium of your choice
snowflake punch or die
gems and pearls
your choice of adhesive - I recommend strong double sided tape for putting the wallet together
1. Cut a piece of blue card measuring 12cm by 29.5cm. With the longest side towards you and working from the left hand side, score at 12cm, 13.5cm, 25.5cm and 26cm. Fold the card in to a wallet shape as shown in the photo below:
2. Decorate the outside of the wallet using black paper and the script paper from the Snowflakes Digital Paper Pack as shown in the photo below. Tip - if you are using paper with words on it, make sure that you check how the wallet folds before sticking your paper down!
3. I used a small piece of another of the papers on the inside of the wallet flap as shown in the photo below:
4. Next cut two pieces of blue card measuring 12cm by 6cm. With the shortest sides of the pieces towards you, score at 1.5cm, 3cm and 4.5cm and then concertina fold the card as shown in the photo below:
5. The concertina pieces of card join the wallet together. Put some strong double sided tape on one end of the concertina and stick to the wallet as shown in the photo below. Put some more tape on the top of the concertina and then fold the other half of the wallet towards the tape to close the wallet together.
6. Print the digi stamp on to white card, colour it and then die cut. Cut a black mat and stick the image panel on to the mat. Tip - when you attach the image panel on the front of the wallet, stick it at the bottom so that it shows below the wallet flap. Add embellishments of your choice and then tie some ribbon round the wallet to keep it closed.
And here's a side view of the wallet:
Enjoy the rest of your week!