Followers

Monday, September 26, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial | Spooky Scene Greetings


Happy Tutorial Tuesday! leslierahye here with a new tutorial using a Presentation  Box Cut File from the Store and fabulous Halloween stamps and papers!


This is a Spooky Scene Greeting box. When you open the box two of the sides fall down and reveal a scene inside. You can keep it rather simple as I did in this example or you can layer all sorts of goodies and scenery in the box! The ideas are endless! Let's see the basics of how to construct this fun box.




 
I began by printing some digital papers, my images and sentiment in color on thick cardstock and the base of the box from the Presentation Box SVG files. I shrank my box so that the side would be approximately 3½×4½". This is easy to manipulate in your Cutting Machine software!


You get four pieces to cut in this set. I cut 4 of the side piece [pictured originally on the right]. I then trimmed off the side tab for 3 of the pieces so that I could construct a corner in my box and two flaps to fall down.
Next I scored the tabs on all the pieces to make assembly easy!

The competed base box looks like this open--if you had not removed the side tabs, your box would resemble an actual box!
The box with the lid looks like this!

Now it is time to decorate your box for your greeting!
I began by trimming background papers [I like an 1/8th inch margin so that is what I did on each surface of the box. I lined the insides and the outsides with digital paper from Digital Delights by Louby Loo!

To make my Boiling in the Pot stand up on the inside of the box, I folded a circle in half, gluing one side to the bottom of the box and the other to the back of my cut out image. 


 I applied glue to the sides where I wanted to hange my "clothes line" and held the twine in place with tiny clothes pins while it dried. Once the glue had dried the twine in place, I added my sentiment to the line with a clothes pin! SO CUTE!I really love this little box!!


The lid can be placed on the corner of the box as well if you wish to display it for the season! I can't wait to try this box with different seasons and occassions! This little box will be perfect for gift giving as well!



 Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!

0 comments on "Tuesday Tutorial | Spooky Scene Greetings"