Followers

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Hostess Monday with Bettina


Hi, Bettina here for Hostess Monday
I have made a treat box today, inspired by the easter treat box tutorials on the internet.



I have used Butterfly Vicky



I have no sentiment on this box, but when you make the box feel free to add one of your own. You can use these boxes for various occations. I have used it for birthdays, Christmas and Easter to mention some. 


I coloured my image and used a Die Namic die for the shape.

I have used my score pal for the measurement and scoring and cut it with my paper cutter. 

I have used a 12"x12" bazill and cut to approx 8,5"x8,5" 
DP 4 pieces each 2 ¼ x 2 ¼, 2 pieces 2 pieces each 2 ¼ x 3 ¼.


I also cut a handle aprox 1 ½ x 8 ½ with DP 1 x 8 ½
Paper were then scored at 2,5" each side.


Here's the paper scored and cut. Sorry for the bit dull paper.
Then glue the DP on to the sides and on the handle.

As the pieces are cut on the opposite sides the ends need to be glued together to make the main box. Don't forget to stick the handle in. You can also use a brad to make the basket stick together on each side.

Then it is decorating time. It is all up to you how much you want it decorated. I find a nice DP and some lace very decorative together with a coloured image.  


Sideview:

and backside:

This is such a lovely box for several occasions. I hope you agree. Thank you for stopping by


0 comments on "Hostess Monday with Bettina "