Followers

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Hostess Monday with Lisa


Hi Everyone!

Just the other day I was digging through my drawers looking for something
 ( I can't remember what it was now lol )
when I came across my Prismacolor pencils.

Long before any of us had alcohol ink markers our choices to color 
were very limited.  

When I saw my old pencils shoved in the back of the drawer,
I remembered how much I enjoyed coloring with the 
Gamsol Magic technique.
Yep, I know. Totally "Old School" :)

So I brought them out to have a little old school fun!
Look how cute my card turned out!
 
For my card I used the adorable Digital Delights Easter stamp
called 
Precious Bunny

In case you've never tried this technique,
I thought I'd show you the basics :)

Here's what you'll need:
Prismacolor Pencils or any wax-based color pencil.  Be sure to not use Watercolor pencils.
Gamsol (which is just a trade name) or any type of Odorless Mineral Spirits.
Blending stumps is different sizes.
An emory board to remove color and sharpen the blending stumps. 

All of these items are available at most hobby and craft stores or
online at Dick Blick

I also have a chart that helps me determine what colors I want to use:
Different types of charts available on Pinterest

Because I wanted  my bunny to suggest that she was pink with out completely coloring her pink
here's what I did...
(hint: it is always better to start with less color and add more if you need it)
Then blended with stump heavily wet with OMS
(hint: always make sure your blending stump is thoroughly wet.)
Using two colors for the perfect blend:
 For the Blue background I colored darker next to the image and blended out from the edge.
I made the grass by using 2 freshly sharpened greens.
That's it! (One more time)

Prismacolor Pencils I used:
929 Pink
930 Magenta
932 Violet
908 Dark Green
911 Olive Green
943 Burnt Ochre
944 Terra Cotta
1086 Sky Blue Light

Also used:
GP White, SU Regal Rose CS and DSP.
White gel pen.
Offray silk flowers.

Thanks for joining me today!
Happy Craftin'!
L


1 comments on "Hostess Monday with Lisa"

Lenoria on February 29, 2016 at 7:23 AM said...

This is such a cute card and I love my Prismacolor pencils! I have tried a few other mediums but somehow I keep going back to the pencil technique (guess its my inner child). Thank you for the demo on how to get this beautiful result, I love your pink bunny!