Followers

Monday, January 18, 2016

Monday Inspiration post - from Judith


Hi all

I'm here to share my inspiration post today and I'm showcasing a cute male image called

Tooltime Donald

 - great for all sorts of male occasions
check him out in the DD store HERE



Here is my finished card - but if you follow on below you'll see how the use of different medium can change the appearance of an image/project 

Most of my cards are fairly simple in style, preferring to concentrate on the image - though I have been known to go mad with embellies occasionally - it's not my normal style

I coloured this image with Spectrum Noir pens and pencils.  Starting off by laying down basic colours
as follows

skin - FS1,3,4,7
shirt - BT1,2,3
Boots and tool handles - TN5
Tools BG1,2
Dungarees, hat,glasses - TN1,2,4


I then added spectrum noir pencil in just one shade (116) ready to blend with blending fluid and blending stumps - you can see the lines around the edges here ready to blend towards the centre of the image


I then blended the pencil and added and blended in other pencil colours to the image to add more shade and depth, I also used pencil strokes to give him a salt'n'pepper hair colour!

pencil colours 120(black) for overall shading, 
shirt - 52, 62, 120
cheeks - 26
dungarees,hat and tools 94,109,115,116
boots - 120


This more or less finishes the colouring of the image and gives a fairly clean look, however I wanted a more distressed look so added further shading from the outside edges of the card with Tim Holtz distress in in the shade distressed corduroy using an ink duster brush for a light coverage, this has the effect of toning down the whole image taking away the stark whiteness and also highlighting the stitched effect die.  I also created shade around the image with pencils 116 and 62.  This is not the usual appearance created with cuter images such as Digital Delights, but I wanted to show that cute does not mean you can't create a vintage type/distressed look as well 


and so back full circle to the beginning!
 I mounted the image onto Kraft card, then black card and used a couple of papers from MME for background.  'DAD' was cut twice and offset to create a highlight with the alphabet die from the spellbinders sapphire die cutting machine.


I enjoyed creating this project 
- I hope you like my take on it and that I have given you a different 'take' on cute!!

hugs
Judith


0 comments on "Monday Inspiration post - from Judith"