Followers

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hostess Monday with Sassy Raggedy - Different Ways to Use a Digital Image


 Hi everyone it's "Sassy Raggedy" here for "Hostess Monday".

 Today, I would like to show you a different way to use your digital images. The image I am using is called "Flippity Felicia" and is available in the store now. I am also using the sentiment "Little Princess" which is from the "Happily Ever After Sentiment Set" and I used the wonderful "Bows" digital paper that is included in the "Heat Wave Digital Papers Set".

Flippity Felicia
flippity Felicia
Flippity Felicia (Colored)
Happily Ever After Sentiment Set
Heat Wave Digital Paper Set
First let me tell you to please check with the designer of the digital image you are using to make sure they do not mind using their image like this. Some consider this to be altering their images and then others do not mind, as long as you still give them credit for the image. 

This is such a darling image by Wendy that I fell in love with it and knew I wanted to use it as much as possible. I love that sweet little face and the bow is fabulous. I had this card in my mind and I cropped the image so I would just have the head. If you need to clean the image up after cropping you can use any type of image editing program to do this. I used GIMP which is a free program off the internet. All you have to do is use the eraser in the program to clean up the image. Then you continue on as if this were the original image you were going to use. 

For my card I wanted the focus to be on this sweet face. So I chose a shaped card base and I used a "Spellbinder" die to cut the image out and mat it on red card stock. I colored the image with Copics and I mounted the sentiment on a banner I found on the Silhouette Cameo site.

I added some red enamel dots to the centers of the bows on the digital papers. Very easy card but just as cute as can be and the focus is on this wonderful sweet face. 

I am so glad to be your Hostess for this Monday and I hope you enjoyed reading how to use a digital image in an additional way to compliment the designer of the image. As I have said this was just the sweetest image and I plan to use it many, many times. 

Sassy Raggedy aka Joann

1 comments on "Hostess Monday with Sassy Raggedy - Different Ways to Use a Digital Image"

Cathy on June 16, 2014 at 5:40 AM said...

adorable image, I never thought of doing this with a digi, thanks
cathyplus5.blogspot.com