Followers

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hostess Monday



Hi Crafty Friends,
It's Larelyn from the Delightful Challenges team and Handmade From My Heart.
Today I'd like to share a technique that I'm learning.  I met the fabulous Marie Gamber at a crop and she told me about her  Backgrounds online class through Color Me Creative.  Marie's Copic coloring is beyond amazing but it's her backgrounds that are so unique and bring the image to life.  Well, she totally convinced me and I've been working on adding more background to my images in order to make the focal image pop.
Here's my card using Snow Buddy.


 Here's a closer look at the background with a few added whimsical snowflakes using a white gel pen.
  Marie teaches a number of background types in her class.  This is my quick version of the Copic Marbleized background.  
 First I colored my focal image using Copic Markers and then sketched in the "ground".  Didn't want my Snow Buddy floating in mid air.

I added the first layer of background color.

Now squiggles of colors used in my focal image barely blending them out.

And finally, a few whimsical snowflakes.
Thanks for joining me today on Hostess Monday.  You can find the list of supplies I used on my blog:
Handmade From My Heart.

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments on "Hostess Monday"