Followers

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hostess Monday with Susan


Good morning its Susan here from Craftin' Suzie welcoming you to another Hostess Monday at Digital Delights which I am delighted to be hostessing.

I have recently been making quite a few shadow box cards after seeing them on Pinterest and in Blogland so I thought it would be nice to make one for today.  The design is not mine I have seen quite a few tutorials to make them and it is quite easy.  Here is my card:


I have used :

Standing Santa available here

Standing Santa

Christmas Hugs Sentiments available here

http://digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=hugs&x=0&y=0

To make the card you need to pieces of card the same size, I used 6" x 6".  Score each card at either end 1" and 1/2" from the edge.  On the first piece fold like this:


Then fold the next crease:


On the other card just fold the opposite way and mark the centre:


Then place a die for your aperture so it is in the centre, use low tack tape to hold in place:


To make a frame for the aperture I use the die that I used to make the aperture and the next size up one and tape them down:


Then its just a case of making sure you can see your image through the aperture:


Then glue both sides together and decorate as you like!  The card folds flat for posting.  Here is a side view:


I do hope you have a go, its a really easy card to make and looks fabulous in real life!  Thank you so much for looking and I would like to wish you all a Happy Holiday!
Susan xx

2 comments on "Hostess Monday with Susan"

Lisa Young on December 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM said...

What a beautiful design!!! Very creative and festive!!

Gail on December 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM said...

Fabulous!