Followers

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hostess Monday with Beverly Cole


Hi Everyone,
 
I am so excited to be able to share one of my newest favorite techniques with you!  I say, "newest" because every time I learn something new I get obsessed with it for awhile. I have already posted a couple of Digital Delights inspiration pieces done with this technique...
you can find them here and here.
 
Actually, it's two techniques. The first is Paper Piecing. In this tutorial, I have combined it with White Washing.
 
 
Here is how I do this technique using Digital Delights' stamps and papers:
 
First, choose the stamps, and then papers you desire from a digital paper pack. I used
Into the Wild
 
Into the wild digital paper pack
 
and the trees from the Just Grillin Accessories Set.
 
Just Grillin Accessories - Click Image to Close
 
Be sure to choose a background paper as well. The background should be printed to fit your card.
I printed the other four choices, fitting them onto an 8 1/2 by 11 card stock.
 
 
Next, print your stamp four times on white card stock, and once on your background patterned paper
(sorry, I didn't take a picture of the printed image on the background paper).
 
Cut your patterned paper to fit over each part of the image it will be pieced in.  This is the reason I print out several images...this way, your papers can be generally sized and not exact. I use repositionable glue to attach the papers. Because I printed the patterned paper on card stock, I decided to use tape as well. If you print your patterned papers on copy paper, you don't need to use tape, as the glue will hold just fine.
 
 
Run this through your printer, re-printing the stamped images over the patterned papers.
 Be sure to place your prepared paper sheet so that it will be printed in the correct position by your copier.
 
Now comes the fun part...white washing! I used Distress Stain in Picket Fence. However, you can also use a white craft ink pad.
 

 I simply swiped the ink over the images, and then used my finger to remove the swipe marks.
 

 
 If there is too much ink, you can use a baby wipe to remove some of the ink,
 as I did on the giraffe print.


 
Cut the pieces out.
Finally, attach the pieces in their positions on your background.
 
If you like, you can emboss your piece, as I did here.
 
 
Voila! The finished card. I absolutely love this technique.
 
 
Give it a try!
 
Enjoy the Journey,
Bev
 
 
Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments on "Hostess Monday with Beverly Cole"

Gwyneth on October 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM said...

Lovely project and nicely illustrated with your photos as well.