Followers

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hostess Monday with Melissa - Decorating for Fall


Good morning everyone!  It's Melissa Craig and I am so excited to be Hosting your Monday for you.  I am really super excited to share with you what I created.  It took an entire Sunday afternoon, but I think it was totally worth it!
I love Fall, it's probably my favorite time of year.  Fall is absolutely the best in West Virginia and that's the only thing I miss about WV.  The colors, the crisp air in the mornings and the warm afternoons.  Sipping hot tea or cider while getting cozy under a blanket with a good book.  *sigh*  So, if you don't know me, I live in Florida now.  A place where Fall doesn't exist!  So you have to make it happen with decorating.  Here's what I created to kick that off.

I made a wreath.  And when I say I made it, I mean I cut the chipboard to create the wreath base, I cut out the leaves with my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Foliage dies, I made the Brown-Eyed Susans. (I know it's supposed to be black, but their centers are brown, so I don't know why they got called Black-Eyed Susans.)  I cut those out using so ooooold dies from Cuttlebug.  Inking them.  And then layering them up.


Then I printed Tiny the Turkey (colored) with his cute little sign.  His sentiment is from Fall Sentiments.  Before cutting him out I did glue him to another piece of card stock, let it dry and then cut it out.  I needed him to be pretty sturdy.

Finally I added some beautiful Fall ribbon and a bow.

I do hope you enjoy my project today and that it inspires you to start decorating.  Wendy has so much in the store under the Fall/Thanksgiving section to help you get many wonderful projects and cards well under way.  You'll be feeling the chill in the air in no time and maybe sooner than I will.  Have a great Monday.
Hugs
Melissa

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments on "Hostess Monday with Melissa - Decorating for Fall"

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) on September 16, 2013 at 1:14 AM said...

Fabulous wreath Melissa! Susan x