Followers

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hostess Monday with Jackie


Hi everyone!
 
It's Jackie here as your hostess this week! It's my first time being a hostess, so I was racking my brain as of what I should share.
 
 
I thought I would share with you my favorite handmade flower. To start off you will need about 8 inches of pleated ribbon and some thread. I just weave the thread in and out of the ribbon and gently pull. As you pull, it will curl and then you can shape it how you like it. When I'm finished shaping it, I sew the edges in the middle. 
 

And a flower is never complete without some distress ink! ;) So after sewing it, I like to add some Tea Dye Distess Ink and a cute little button in the middle. In the picture below, I have added the distress ink directly onto the ribbon from the ink pad. In the last two pictures, I have shown how to add distress ink to a piece of lace using your mat. I smeared the ink onto my mat and then using my spray bottle, misted some water onto it. I placed the lace onto the ink and ran it through. You can keep doing this over and over until you get the look you want. 

 
Here is the finished flower and lace! :)

For today's card, I have used the following images from Digital Delights
 Flower Power Basket of Daisies
Flower power basket of DaisiesFlower power basket of Daisies (colored)
Keeping in Touch Sentiment set
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and card today! Thanks for stopping by! :)
Be Blessed,
Jackie

6 comments on "Hostess Monday with Jackie"

Sheila on June 2, 2013 at 10:13 PM said...

What a great job you did. Your tutorial was very concise!!

Jacki Randolph on June 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM said...

Gorgeous ribbon flower and fantastic tutorial!! Your card is so sweet and your beautiful ribbon flower is the perfect finishing touch!!!

Hugs
Jacki R

Larelyn on June 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM said...

Precious card and fantastic tutorial for your bow. Great job, Jackie.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Sandra H on June 3, 2013 at 5:58 AM said...

Aww this is truly lovely x

wendy hall on June 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM said...

This is fabulous Jackie :)
Hugs
Wendy

leslierahye strickland on June 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM said...

Love the ribbon rose tutorial! :) Great accent! lovely card!