Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hostess Monday with Lawren


It's Hostess Monday, thank you for being here with me today, Lawren. I am always on the look out for fun images that I can pair with an easy gift to delight friends and family.

So today I created a card with Digital Delights Laid Back Lucy and the Let's Party Sentiment. She was perfect for a margarita gift basket I am putting together for a friend. Some inexpensive margarita glasses from the Dollar store, margarita mix and a pretty little basket and you have a great gift.
 
 
The flowers on my card are from my stash;  I've had them for years.  Finally dug them out, dusted them off and freshened them up with some tacky tape and glitter. Don't forget about your old stash, you purchased them at one time or another for a reason.

I have one more tip for you.  See that pendant shape on my card?  I created that with a square punch.  You can purchase all the fancy dies that are available on the market or you can make your stash work for you.  Just cut a strip of paper and position it in your punch so the corner of the square creates your pendant shape.
  There are pictures of how to do this on my blog.

Thanks for joining me here today.  Take care.

Lawren
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments on "Hostess Monday with Lawren"

Lenoria on April 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM said...

Lawren, Thank you for the "stash" usage encouragement. That is exactly what I have been thinking too. I haven't created much of anything lately and I have been telling myself that I bought my stuff for some reason and even though it isn't new I just need to use it and show why I loved it enough to spend my hard earned money on it!

wendy hall on April 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM said...

Fantastic Lawren and some fab tips too!~
Hugs
Wendy