Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hostess Monday Shell Swinscoe


Hi & welcome to my hostess Monday post. For my creation this week I decided to show you a few different techniques, one that I only just figured out how to do lol & the other one is an absolute addiction with me!


 
To start with you need an image, die cut shape (nesties or labels) low tac tape, a die cutting machine & then your usual colouring & card making materials!

For my card I have chosen to use the fantastic new 'Vintage Flower Set' I just loved this image as soon as I saw it. But you not only get this image you get all this


I thought I'd show you the coloured ones, it gives you a better idea of what they look like. I used the digi images which you can find here!

The first technique I am going to show is how to use your die cuts to cut out an image that over hangs the die. Hopefully the pictures I took will explain it better!

The first thing you need to do it line up you die cut to where you want it & tape it down!


Then you need to get a sharp pencil & mark where the die comes to on the part you don't want cutting.


You then need to cut around the part outside of the die. When cutting by the pencil marks, cut about 5mm past the line. You then need to slide your die cut under the part you have just cut & line up with your pencil marks & tape back down.


Run through your die cutting machine as normal. Remove the die & you will be left with something like this


You then need to colour your image, I have used my Prisma pencils & Sansodor to colour mine.


This second technique is the one I am totally addicted to doing, I just think it adds something to a creation.
I printed out two image the same size so I could decoupage the flower head. The only thing I will say if your going to decoupage a stamped image, don't leave the image underneath totally white. I always go around the edge in the lighter of the colours I am using on the top piece!


My finished card, using distress inks, distressing tool, die cuts & punches.


For full details of what I have used to create this card please pop over to my blog!

Thank you for stopping by & looking at my creation!

hugs Shell xx


Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments on "Hostess Monday Shell Swinscoe"

Chriss America Real on April 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM said...

This is so lovely & elegant Shell, just beautiful!

Hugs,

Chriss

Lesley Clark on April 23, 2013 at 3:24 AM said...

Thanks for showing how to do this. I have heard of it before but had completely forgotten. Will definately be doing this with some of my images. The finished card looks fantastic.

Love

Lesley xxx

Hazel (Didos) on April 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM said...

Brilliant tutorial Shell, I love it and so much clearer seeing the pictures, Thanks for sharing, Love Hazelxo

wendy hall on April 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM said...

This is stunning Shell!
Hugs
Wendy