Followers

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hostess Monday with Susan - Criss Cross Cards


Good Morning and welcome to Hostess Monday.  This is my second time of hosting I can't believe I have been on Wendy's team for over a year now - how time flies.  When I was thinking of what to do for today I decided I would make my favourite type of card - a Criss Cross Card.  I love these cards but I don't make that many of them - don't ask me why!  Here is the finished card:
Items used are Little Dumpling in Pram, Sweetheart Digital Paper Pack and Luvvy Baby Girl Set for the sentiment.
Its very easy to make a criss cross card. I start with two card blanks I make my own and they are 5.75 inch square.  I then cut across the front page diagonally like this:
Then I just glue the backs together like this:
I always use clips to make sure they are well glued down!  Next I decorate the back panel:
I then carry on and decorate the front.  You can either glue or tape the front panels down I have used glue.  Here is what it looks like with the sentiment panel:
And a close up of the sentiment:
And I so enjoyed making this one I made another!
I used Delightful Dotty, Delightful Oz Coloured Background Set and Dream Sentiment Set.
Here is another view:

And a look at the inside panel:


Well I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Criss Cross cards and you will have a go if you have never tried this before.  
 
Thanks for looking,
hugs Susan x

5 comments on "Hostess Monday with Susan - Criss Cross Cards"

happyscrapper on March 4, 2013 at 5:03 AM said...

Susan these are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing on how to make them.
Hugz,
Christine.

wendy hall on March 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM said...

Fabulous post Susan and wonderful cards
Hugs
Wendy

Sandra H on March 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM said...

So beautiful and thank you Susan for sharing this x

Patricia St Martin on March 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM said...

Susan I love your criss cross card and with those images you made them just adorable.
Hugs

Creative M on March 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM said...

This is Awesome!TFS!I am trying this card!Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia