Followers

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bookmark Project with Scholar Myrtle the Turtle and Bookmark Sentiment Set




Good Monday morning all
Its Judith here as this weeks Monday hostess with a new project 
for Digital Delights by Looby Loo.
I thought I would make something a little different from a card for a change, but something that would perhaps be useful, and set about looking through all the fab digis that we have to choose from at Digital Delights for some inspiration.  I came across a fab little book toting turtle called - what else but - 
Scholar Myrtle available here
 I thought that this image would make a fab bookmark and then went on to find Digital Delights even had a fab little bookmark and sentiment set as well available here
 
Scholar Myrtle
 
Bookmark sentiment set
                     
I used the bookmark template to get the size and dimensions of the bookmark to fit the image and printed off one of the cute sentiments to use as well.  It really was the simplest thing to put together - I simply coloured Myrtle with copics,  keeping the colours fairly muted, gave it some shading with prismacolor pencils and cut the image out.  I then cut out the layers of the bookmark, cut a small tag with the sentiment on and layered the whole thing up finishing off with a hole punched in the top to thread some fine ribbons through.

 I thought it looked a little bit unfinished at this stage so cut a few star die cuts in matching card with a Nellie Snellen star die set and layered them up too.  I felt as if I could have used a few more embellies but  if it was a proper practical hard working book mark it simply wouldn't last with too many embellies or anything fancy like gems or charms so I decided enough was enough!

I enjoyed the challenge that I set myself  to make something different and practical and didn't know either of these  digis existed until I took myself on a tour of Digital Delights - and I look around almost every week, so who knows what you might come across if you just take the time to have a good look around!

Have a great week





3 comments on "Bookmark Project with Scholar Myrtle the Turtle and Bookmark Sentiment Set"

Angela Coles on March 25, 2013 at 5:16 AM said...

fantastic tag, and I like the shrinky-dink version of your siggie too - that's so cool

wendy hall on March 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM said...

Fabulous project Judith!!
Hugs
Wendy

Sandra H on March 25, 2013 at 8:21 AM said...

Totally stunning x