Followers

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hostess Monday with Beverly Cole


Hello crafty people!

I am here with a Tutorial on this beautiful Hostess Monday. Time passes so quickly. It's hard to believe I am here for a second turn "at bat".

So here we go...

I use my cloud stencil and chalks on many, many cards. I love the backgrounds I can achieve with these simple tools. I also love using the "out of the box" technique. This tutorial will feature both.

I will be using the Tree of Love digital stamp

Tree of Love

First, I printed the tree and a sentiment from the Love is in the Air sentiment set. Then, I colored it, using Prismacolor Pencils.


Next, I used my good ol' Coluzzle cutting system to cut a circle around part of the image. I try to enclose the parts that would be difficult to cut. In note: if you don't have a Coluzzle, simply use a circle made of cardboard, or something round that you can trace. Trace lightly with pencil, and cut.



Next, cut  around the top of the tree. This is the out-of -the-box part...the treetop.


Now for the beautiful sky. Using my cloud stencil, which I have had for over 15 years, I rub chalk on a cotton ball. Using a circular motion, rub blue chalk around the open edges of the stencil. Remove it, dust off the excess, and move the stencil to a new position Note: If you don't have a plastic cloud stencil, you can  make your own with a piece of cardstock or other stiff material.



Repeat this method using various colors to make your sky sing!


Here is the finished card...


For more views of this card, visit my blog.

Have fun,
Bev

3 comments on "Hostess Monday with Beverly Cole"

happyscrapper on February 4, 2013 at 5:03 AM said...

Beautifully done. The cloud effects changes eveything. Thanks for sharing.
Hugz,
Christine

happyscrapper on February 4, 2013 at 5:04 AM said...

Beautifully done. The cloud effects changes eveything. Thanks for sharing.
Hugz,
Christine

wendy hall on February 4, 2013 at 8:55 AM said...

This is beautiful Bev:)
Hugs
Wendy