Followers

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hostess Monday with Brook


Hello everyone!  Brook here with my Hostess Monday project.  I've made something that I think is a great gift for a teacher.  Growing up I always gave my teachers handmade gifts, typically ceramics, but always homemade.  I know it's only January, but the end of the school year will be here before you know it, so it never hurts to be prepared.  I made an easel card, but added a note pad where you would normally sign the card.
 

I used this Best Teacher sentiment (colored) digi.  I have to say that I am really starting to love these pre-colored digis at Digital Delights.  If you've got to put together a card real quick they are definitely the way to go.


Here is a close up of the digi and the papers.


I also used the papers from this School Digital Paper Pack.  They work really well with this digi as well as a few other digis at Digital Delights.  

 
I added the ribbon, button, rhinestones, and twine from my stash, then I taped a 3" x 3" sticky notepad down.  You or your child can write a nice note to the teacher on the top sheet.  I made a coordinating box that I'll tie with a ribbon, and you've got a cute, handmade gift that the teacher can use as well.

This was so quick to put together, plus you can get a pack of those sticky notepads pretty cheap.  I think this makes for a very nice heartfelt and homemade gift.  I hope you enjoy what I have shared with you today.  

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugz,
Brook

3 comments on "Hostess Monday with Brook"

wendy hall on January 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM said...

Beautiful project Brook and a fantastic idea :)
Hugs
Wendy

Priscilla Joseph on January 23, 2013 at 5:50 AM said...

Do you have directions for the easel card?

wendy hall on January 23, 2013 at 9:46 AM said...

We have an easel card tutorial here http://digitaldelightsbyloubylootutorials.blogspot.com/2011/04/booboo-bear-easel-card-and-box-tutorial.html