Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hostess Monday, Faux Leather Style!


Today is my turn (Shell) to show you a technique I love using, I just love messing with my distress inks making things look different! My favourite technique at the moment is FAUX LEATHER, I just love the effect you can achieve with a bit of masking tape, ink & embossing powders!


 This is what you need to get you started. 


 You then need to cut a scrap piece if card to fit your card blank, I always cut mine a bit smaller so I can mat & layer onto another coloured card. You then need to cover your scrap piece of card with small pieces of masking tape, make sure you twist & turn your pieces of tape so they don't end up all the same! 




 When you have finished covering you scrap piece of card, make sure its all pressed down. Then take you chosen colour distress ink & rub either the ink pad or 'cut & dry' foam (I tend to use my tool as you can always add more ink, but its difficult to take it away!).



 Where your tape hangs over the edge of your scrap card, don't cut it off, fold it over. If you need to stick it with tape then do so, folding it over gives it a better edge!


 After you have sorted your edges out, sprinkle with clear embossing powder & heat. I have no idea why but you don't need any embossing ink! When you have heated it up, some of the masking tape might curl up, just stick it back down, or leave it for added texture. 


 You then need to choose your image & colour it. When you have coloured your image, decide what colour your going to use for your matting & layering & also what embellishments you're using.



      Goodies I Have Used
 Image- 'Sad Pup' from the 'Lonely Pup' set of 5 by Digital Delights
 5" square card blank
 Spectrum Noirs
 'Sad Pup'- GB10, GB9, GB8, GB7, EB2, TN2 & TN1

 Papers & Embellishments
 Masking tape from hubbies tool box
 'Vintage Photo' distress ink by Tim Holtz 
Clear embossing powder
 Sentiment from the 'Missing You' set by Digital Delights
 Ribbon my stash
 Orange textured card from Papermania
 
 Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you will give my favourite technique a try!
 Hugs shell  xx

0 comments on "Hostess Monday, Faux Leather Style!"