Followers

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Judiths Happy Monday post - Moving House Myrtle - new home framed easel card


Hi its Judith here!

Its my turn to host the Monday post  today.  Its my first hostess Monday post since I joined the DT at Delightful Challenges, and I have to say I'm just loving being on the team.  I decided to make a framed easel card, firstly because I really like making them and secondly - its a while since I made the last one!  I really enjoyed making this card - I love colouring images with lots of shading and I could see huge potential for this little lady with her fabulous shell.

Here's what I did...

I  printed the digi called Moving house Myrtle so it would fit into the second size spellbinders labels 10 die

Moving House Myrtle

I then coloured the image with copics and prismacolor pencils (see end of post for colours)
  I  mounted  the image onto a piece of petrol blue card from bazzill basics cut with the largest size labels 10 die   I made a narrow frame by using both dies and sanded it to give a slightly distressed effect.


These dies are the perfect size to make a frame on a 6in x 6in card.  I decorated the card base with paper from My Minds Eye called Fine and Dandy Boy mounted on the same blue card. The New Home Circular Sentiment  is also from Digital Delights and I recoloured it before printing to fit the spellbinders scalloped die.

New Home Circular Sentiment

  I then finished off with buttons punched with a Martha Stewart punch, scraps of ribbon and sweetheart bloom flowers from wild orchid crafts.  The folded side conceals a greetings tag stamped with a Lili of the Valley verse from set 10 A5 verses set in a pocket that goes under the tag


I then mounted the contrasting paper onto the folded part of the card, decorated with a ribbon, button and flower and stuck the frame topper so that half of the topper is above the folded card


And this is the finished card



Copic marker colours

Shell - E40,E41,E43, G63, G61
Body G28, G29, G24
Hat and house and toe nails! BG15, BG13, BG11, YR16, YR15, Y06, Y02
Grass G61, G63, G20, E43

Prismacolor pencils for shading 
Cool grey,Grass green, Olive Green, Crimson (cheeks)

I enjoyed making this card so much - the image was just a dream to colour and I was just so pleased with the finished card - hope it gives you some inspiration

hugs

Judith












2 comments on "Judiths Happy Monday post - Moving House Myrtle - new home framed easel card"

Patricia St Martin on October 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM said...

Judith, Love your Framed Easel card. Great idea to add a tag or a bookmark. My grandchildren love to read and they love it when I add a bookmark to their card. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Patricia

Packers and movers on October 31, 2012 at 8:10 AM said...

Now there are various firms that are involved in providing businesses with best relocation services; you just need to contact and discuss terms and services with them, rest all will be handled by them very efficiently.

Packers and Movers in Jaipur