Followers

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hostess Monday with Susan



Good Morning to you all its Susan here and my first time for Hostess Monday!  I have been on the Design Team at Delightful Challenges since last January and I absolutely love working with all of Wendy's fabulous designs and what a brilliant Design Team.  I live in England and yes its very cold and damp - that's just the summer lol! I retired 15 months ago so that means I have more time to indulge in my favourite past time of card making. I only started blogging about 18 months ago prior to that I had no idea of the existence of all these fabulous inspirational blogs. I started my own blog Craftin' Suzie 13 months ago and I absolutely love it, you meet such wonderful people and everyone is so nice and friendly.
For my project today I would like to show you the versatility of Wendy's images and how easy they can be to use.  All of Wendy's images come either pre-coloured or un-coloured.  Now I absolutely love colouring images, I am not saying that I am any good just that I find it so absorbing and totally relaxing.  However there are times when you are really pushed for time and need a card quickly and I know there are some people who just do not like colouring images so this is when Wendy's pre-coloured images come in so handy. I must also say that if you are making candles if you use a pre-coloured image it saves all the messing around of trying to colour on tissue paper.  For today's project I have made two cards with the same image, one image is pre-coloured and the other image I have coloured myself.  I timed how long it took to make each one.  Here is what I started with:
I prepared everything before I started to assemble the cards, this didn't take too long about 15 minutes for all the cutting and diecuts.  Here is the finished pre-coloured card:
This took 14 minutes to complete - so its nice and quick for a card in a rush.  I have used the adorable

Angel Donita
A Touch of Christmas Sentiments Set
Candy Cane Lane Digital Paper Pack
And here is the card which I made using the same image but coloured by myself with Copics:
This card took 1 hour and 16 minutes to make.  It took 1 hour and 2 minutes to colour and exactly the same time to put all together - 14 minutes. For this card I have used:
Angel Donita
A Touch of Christmas Sentiments Set
Snowflakes Digital Paper Pack
So that's it from me for Hostess Monday I do hope you have enjoyed it because I certainly had loads of fun doing it! Thanks for looking, hugs Susan x

8 comments on "Hostess Monday with Susan"

CRAZYCRAFTSHED on September 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM said...

Both cards are gorgeous and beautiful Susan
Hugs Dianne xx :)

happyscrapper on September 24, 2012 at 5:08 AM said...

Fabulous cards.

Sandra H on September 24, 2012 at 7:47 AM said...

Both cards are so lovely and the colouring is perfect for the image x

Wendy on September 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM said...

These are absolutely beautiful Susan :)
Hugs
Wendy

tampatha on September 24, 2012 at 2:06 PM said...

susan I love these! Great job!
tammy dd dt

NancyD on September 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM said...

Two very cute cards! NancyD

Lisa Foster on September 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM said...

WOW Susan! These are sooo beautiful! Love them!
Hugs,
Lisa F.

Joann Burton on October 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM said...

Both are beautiful...Takes me a lot longer than you to do any type of card. lol....Guess I am just old and slow. joann sassy raggedy