Followers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Monday Hostess with Tammy


Hello Everyone! Tammy here and I am so excited to be your hostess this week.  I am one of the newbies on the DT this term and I can't tell you enough how much fun I am having.  These are a FABULOUS bunch of ladies to work with, talented and full of inspiration.  Wendy, well what can I say, her designs are amazing and they are just so easy to work with. :)

I am the only Canuck on the team this term.  Born and bred in Canada I am originally from Ontario but make my home in Calgary Alberta.  I am a WAHM of a very active 3 year old named Riley and happily married to my husband Neil for 5 years now.  Believe it or not, we met on an internet dating site....8 years ago! :)
When I first started crafting, I started out scrapbooking.  I just started small with a few embellishments, a few different kinds of paper and the like...now about 10 year later, my craft space rivals any small scrapbook store.  I still scrapbook but not as often as I do my cards.  I don't even remember how I started making them just that I thought I would give it a shot.  I look back on my early work and realize how far I have come.  Most of that comes from reading various magazines, books and visiting blogs! I love to blog hop and look for inspiration. That's another reason why I love being on the DT....these ladies inspire me each and every week...such amazing creativity and talent.

I have only been using digi images for about 3 years.  Before that I only stamped.  I found that I love the versatility that digi images bring.  I can make them as large or as small as required for whatever project I need them for and there are just sooooo many out there.  I still do a lot of stamping but digis are just as fun! I'm sure that you will agree with me that Wendy's are just so darn cute.  I know that you, like myself, have seen them all over blogland as she graciously sponsor's tonz of challenge blogs.  If you find a challenge with her images as a prize, don't hesitate to throw your hat in to win....I know that you will love working with them.

I have a couple of cards that I wanted to share with you today.....This first one is using Princess Shona.


Colored with my Copics and a sentiment from the new Birthday Sentiments set  this image is really versatile for any little girl card, or big girl card for that matter. :)  I haven't done a lot of embossing lately so I paired it up with my numbers embossing folder which I then sanded down for a bit of a distressed look.  A few fun embellishments and this card is perfect for that special little girl's birthday!

For my second card, I wanted to share with you a card that I made awhile ago but is one of my favorites.  I always struggle with masculine cards, but I really loved how this one turned out.   Peyton is one of my favorite Digital Delights masculine images.  He can be used for anything! Wendy has a few different digi's both plain and colored highlighting Peyton.  Now this card doesn't have a DD sentiment as, like I said, I made it last year, but the store has so many great sentiment sets that you could pair him up with for that perfect card.

I find that with masculine cards, I tend to go with a lot of layers to make up for the few embellishments that I have.  As you can see, this one only has some die cut stars and a few blings and the rest is just layers of DP and ribbon. 

I hope you enjoyed these cards and I hope that you will stop by my blog Creatively Me and say hello.  I would love to stop by yours as well so make sure you leave me your link. 
Thanks for stopping by today and happy crafting!

1 comments on "Monday Hostess with Tammy"

Wendy on August 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM said...

Fantastic Tammy:)
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)