Followers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Hostess Monday With Beverly Cole


It's me, Beverly Cole...you can call me Bev.
 New to the DT, it's my turn to be your hostess.

~Count Your Blessings~ 

I drove by a garden on a busy corner the other day. The vegetables were happily growing, and every row in that garden had a sunflower at each end. It was so pretty!

With that in mind, I would like to share this tissue embossed candle with you. Many years ago, my stamping buddies and I made these with rubber stamped images and embossing powder. 
Back in the 90's, heat embossing was all the rage!
 

What's different about this candle, is that I used our digital stamps instead of rubber stamps. So cool! Then, I made a cute decorative band which has a 3-dimensional garden growing behind a "krafty" fence...
Here's the tutorial:

First, work with our digital sentiment. Copy the image of the sentiment from the
Thanksgiving Indians Set (colored) 
several times onto a document, using whatever program you use. 
I just used a word processor program.


To print this design on tissue paper, you need to attach some tissue to a piece of computer paper, so you can run it through the printer. Here's how I did it:


I used my tape runner, and laid a strip of adhesive at the top and bottom of the computer paper. Then I laid the tissue over it, adhering it on both ends.


I ran this through my printer. Be sure you know which side of the paper will be printing, so you don't get your sentiments on the back by mistake. I used a "draft" print setting so the image wasn't too dark.


Trim off the top and bottom of the paper to release the tissue.


I Wrapped the tissue around the candle, and using my heat tool, about 4 inches away from the candle, I heated the wax, which caused the tissue to adhere to the candle. I took my time and didn't get too close to the tissue, because it would  brown like a marshmallow...(or maybe you would like that look!)
Now this is how you make the decorative band.

Print the sunflower garden image from the 
Fall Accessories Set (colored)
resized to fit two on a page. Print them once on white card stock, and once on kraft card stock.


Next, trim the top of one of the kraft card stock images just down to the fence. Trim around the flowers if you like. I left some cs as it was too fussy for me to trim a lot. You can see it in the close-up image below. 


Color the images of the sunflowers on the white card stock, to your liking. I used Prismacolor markers.
Color the leaves and stems also. That is all you will color.
Cut them out. I cut the flowers separate from the leaves and stems. Then, attach the larger flowers to the kraft paper piece  with 3-D dimensional dots or tape.


Wrap the fence around the candle, and add extra fence to the back. (Cut this from the other image you printed on the kraft card stock.)  Oh! I also printed the grass on green gingham scrapbook paper, and cut it out. I used it all the way around the candle. I used clear Stickles on the sunflower faces and the grass. Tie a pretty ribbon around the fence. I happen to love black gingham ribbon. You will see it often on my projects.


A friend of mine just lost one of her closest pals. Sunflowers remind her of her lost friend, so I am giving her this candle. I know she will love it.

Have fun,
        ~Bev

1 comments on "Hostess Monday With Beverly Cole"

Wendy on August 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM said...

Truly beautiful Bev:)
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)