Followers

Sunday, July 1, 2012

HAPPY MONDAY!


Hi everyone, it's Audrey here with you today as Monday Hostess:)  

 I always enjoy being able to chat with you about DIGITAL DELIGHTS - one of my favorite blogs and shops!!  I have been on the DIGITAL DELIGHTS DT coming up on 2 years and I still haven't even scratched the surface of all the fabulous products and images Wendy has to offer at DIGITAL DELIGHTS SHOP.  There's always fun, new images, cut files, backgrounds, sentiments, etc. to try, so there is always something to look forward to while being part of DIGITAL DELIGHTS DT.    Also, we have a great group of ladies and I love being able to get to know them better.  I am also lucky enough to be part of the Senior DT, I do the BARGAIN FRIDAY posts and keep up with posting new events on our group pages at Papercraft Planet and The Crafter's Cafe.

One of my very favorite aspects of DIGITAL DELIGHTS SHOP images is that they come in JPG and PNG form and the PNG form can be easily combined using GIMP photo editing to nicely overlay the images.  Also, DIGITAL DELIGHTS SHOP has an awesome eBook which you can buy that tells you how to use all the many wonderful features GIMP has to offer (there's also an eBook available for those who use Adobe).  


So, for my project that I am sharing today, I took 2 images from the newest release at DIGITAL DELIGHTS SHOP - Hula Halina and the coconut tree from the Luau accessories set and combined them into one scene using GIMP.  I then colored everything with Copics and Sakura glaze pen and cut out using Nellie's Multi-frame dies.  I decided to make a little vacation memories book using Making Memories tag shaped board book.  I affixed paper from the DIGITAL DELIGHTS SHOP Luau digi paper collection using my Xyron and then put the image on top.  I then added the sentiment, from the Luau sentiments set.  Sentiment is colored with Copics, daubed with Memento ink and cut with Nellie's die as well.  

I sure hope you like this, I had a lot of fun making it:)

2 comments on "HAPPY MONDAY!"

Wendy on July 2, 2012 at 8:15 AM said...

Fabulous Audrey, what a great keepsake!
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

Sandra H on July 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM said...

This is beautiful Audrey and what a great idea and keepsake:)x