Followers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hostess Monday!


I can't believe how time is flying, I (Shell) have now been on Wendy's DT for 12 months and I am loving every minute of it! The bonus being using some amazing images!

For my second time at being you hostess I decided to show you how I made my tunnel card from a few weeks ago, using the fab under the sea digi images!!

First of all I printed out my images and coloured them in using my Promarkers, Flexmarkers and  Prisma pencils
I then used the 'under the sea' background as a guide to see how big I would need my two pieces of card to be. I cut two separate pieces of card measuring about 2 inches bigger than I had printed my 'under the sea' background. I then measured on one piece 1 inch in all around and cut the centre out. I then covered the front using 'sail away' digi papers, cutting away the centre.
I then cut a strip of card the same length as my two pieces by 4 inches, which I scored on 1, 2 and 3 inches doing mountain and valley folds!

Which I then stuck to the bottom of the front and back panels. Whilst I was waiting for this to dry I fussy cut one of the 'under the sea' backgrounds, the mermaid, smiling fish, seahorse and octopus!

When the glue was dry I suck my full 'under the sea background to the inside of the back, lining it up with the hole in the front.

I have added the smiling fish and seahorse to finish the back off. I then attached three eyelets at the top and threaded ribbon through to keep it stable.
After doing that I stuck the rest of my elements on the front, the 'under sea' background that I fussy cut is stuck to the front to add more depth.

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial for today, please if you would like to see my original post featuring this card please click here! Thank you x
All digital images and the paper you will find over at Digital Delights!
Hugs
Shell

1 comments on "Hostess Monday!"

Wendy on June 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM said...

Great post and card Shell:)
Hugs
Wendy