Followers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hostess Monday with Wendy


Hi guys and welcome to our Hostess Monday.
We have been doing our Hostess Monday for quite a while now and I have never taken a spot yet, so here I am!
As most of you know I am a Scottish lass who was transplanted in Texas quite some years ago and if you have ever heard my voice you will know that it changes from Scottish to Texas as quick as God bless you!
Some of you also know me as Wendy, others more often as Louby Loo. The Louby Loo came about from my husband who started off calling me Wendy Loo and somehow, somewhere,  it evolved to Louby Loo, it's one of life's great mysteries I guess!
 

I have always been involved in graphics in one way or another. In my earlier life! it was in a technical environment with only illustrating fun things in my spare time. I am so fortunate now to be able to enjoy illustrating what I love and have been doing this with Digital Delights for more than three years. When I first started with the digital stamps, there were only a handful of companies doing them (I think 3 or 4) and it now absolutely amazes me as to how much the Digital world has grown.
I adore every minute of what I do and it always thrills me to see my illustrations come to life in all your fabulous projects and for that I thank you all.

For my hostess Monday project I created some new SVG files just for today.
It's never to early to create those Easter projects and I thought these bunny box and chick box would make cute little gifts.


Once I completed the bunny box I decided to make some "carrot pencils" which were super easy to do. Just get some orange and green paper. Cut the green in strips at the top and then adhere to your pencil. Then attached the orange paper, overlapping the green and then take a strip of ribbon to hide to tops of the paper!

For the boxes I decided to make a front and back view!
BTW these are now available for purchase in the store. They both come with various formats for your cutting machines such as SVG and also printables PDFs so you can hand cut if you wish.


I filled the chick box with little eggs with candy in them too.

Well I hope you enjoyed my Hostess post and look forward hearing from you all too.
Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow for our Tuesday tutorial with Christine.


Photobucket

4 comments on "Hostess Monday with Wendy"

Nikbee on February 27, 2012 at 7:15 AM said...

I love these boxes, Wendy. They are adorable and the carrot pencils are a great idea, too!
Nikki x

Kim on February 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM said...

Very cute boxes Wendy !

karen on February 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM said...

Fabulous Wendy, love these!! Karenx

happyscrapper on February 28, 2012 at 5:53 AM said...

What great little boxes. They are fabulous my Friday list to buy got bigger.
Hugz,
Christine