Followers

Sunday, January 22, 2012

HOSTESS MONDAY WITH AUDREY!


Hey everyone, it's Audrey (aka Hippieaud), with you today for Hostess Monday!   I am a stay at home mom of 4 children ages 7-12.  My oldest and youngest children are girls and the middle 2 are boys.  My oldest has Autism, which makes life very interesting - sometimes for better and others for worse, but always interesting and unpredictable.

I have been crafting in some form or another ever since I was a small child.  I made scrapbooks well before they were popular and there were so many products available.  My high school and college scrapbooks were made using construction paper and rubber cement!  I also ran a business where I sold handmade jewelry, batik clothing and custom made gift baskets.  Each Christmas, I make all my own bows for each and every present that I wrap.  

I began stamping around 6 years ago when my SU demo friend shared some products with me and showed me how to make cards.  I've been hooked ever since.  Most people who see my crafting closet (yes, I craft in my closet!) joke that it's like a craft store in there.   I just know that I love it!   I began blogging and working with digital stamps a little over 2 years ago and I love every minute of it.  Being part of DTs and meeting wonderful crafty people all over blogland has really gotten me through a lot of tough times and also helps me relax and get away from the rigors of everyday life, so I am very grateful for the opportunity to be able to spend time doing something I enjoy so much.

I have been on the DIGITAL DELIGHTS DT for over a year and a half now and still adoring all my time here and being able to work with Wendy's FABULOUS images, papers and sentiments.   I am one of the lucky ladies who is part of the Senior DT, so I get to do the weekly Bargain or Freebie Friday posts as well as oversee the forum groups that DIGITAL DELIGHTS has - on PCP, SNR and The Crafter's Cafe. If you are not members of one or more of these groups, I hope you will check them out!

Probably one of my very FAVORITE things about DIGITAL DELIGHTS images is that they come in both jpg and png formats.  Wendy's png files are so much fun to layer to create even more fun images by combining 2 or more images.  I try to do that as often as I can for my DIGITAL DELIGHTS projects.

Today for you, I have used Elvin the Toad and I have put him in from of Elvin the Toad Background - both can be found at DIGITAL DELIGHTS SHOP.  I use GIMP editing program to layer my images - I am always so excited to see how they turn out:)  For my sentiment on this card, I used the blank checkerboard sentiment border from DIGITAL DELIGHTS SHOP and added my own text using MS Word.  Besides adding some ribbon and DP as well as using a couple die cuts, I wanted to keep my creation free from too many embellishments so you could get a good view of the image.


I enjoyed "chatting" with all of you today and I wish you a glorious week!!




4 comments on "HOSTESS MONDAY WITH AUDREY!"

Sandra on January 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM said...

What a fabulous card love the lovely cute image and beautiful background:) Sandra H

Maryann on January 23, 2012 at 4:42 AM said...

I just so love your card here today Audrey, it´s just sooo cute. Awesome work as always hun.

Wendy on January 23, 2012 at 8:37 AM said...

Fabulous Audrey, great card and post:)
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitadelightsbyloubyloo.com

Omar A.Smith on February 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM said...

hello!,I love your writing very a lot! proportion we communicate more about your article on AOL? I need an expert in this space to unravel my problem. May be that's you! Looking ahead to look you.
Bonus Set - Disney Fairies Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue Tea Party Playset Bonus Includes Tinker Bell and Silvermist Dolls!