Followers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hostess Monday - Karen


Hello

Karen here bringing you the Hostess Monday project, I am so excited too!

A little bit about me, I work full time in administration, have 2 wonderful children and a fabby hubby who puts up with all my craft stash overflowing into the kitchen and the front room and up the stairs!!  My sister introduced me to card making about 2 years ago and I have not stopped since! I love blog land and have made some fantastic 'cyber' friends, its like a whole new world out there! 

So onto my little project for today.

I decided to make a male themed card, I know sometimes these can be a little tricky so I hope it brings you a little inspiration. I love making male cards and you can find lots on my blog, My Crafty Cupboard I would love you to pay me a visit and have a look.  I love layers so I have used lots for my card today and the bold, bright colours are perfect for this fabulous Pirate stamp.  I have coloured him with copics and edged him with a pale blue outline to make him 'pop'.


Little details add interest, so I gave Presley some treasure to hold, no wonder he is smiling!!


I inked up some die cut clouds and added some border detail and a sentiment from the Ahoy Matey Set.


Pirates are always great themes for children's cards and if you do want to do a girly version Prissy pirate is also available.

I hope you enjoyed my little project.

Hugs
Karenxx

4 comments on "Hostess Monday - Karen"

CRAZYCRAFTSHED on January 30, 2012 at 3:07 AM said...

Gorgeous card Karen,fabulous colour's and paper's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Nikbee on January 30, 2012 at 6:21 AM said...

A wonderful card, Karen. I love the little clouds.
Nikki x

Wendy on January 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM said...

This is wonderful Karen:)
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)

Larelyn on January 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM said...

Love your card, Karen, and it's so nice to learn more about you.
Hugs,
Larelyn