Followers

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Monday Hostess


Hi there my name is Wendy, better known in blogland as Purple Crazy.  This Monday it’s my turn to be your hostess, I’ve been a designer at the Delightful Challenges Blog for almost a year now.

I’ve crafted at all sorts of things since I was a young child, now that’s an awful lot of years !!  I started off being taught to knit by my mother and have tried many things since then, currently I’m into paper crafting, beading, Kumihimo and cross stitch,  it depends how good or bad my health is what craft I end up doing, my crafting has kept me sane since becoming disabled and confined to a wheelchair several years ago, I often wonder know how I ever managed to fit in going to work.

I thought I would show you how to make the fan part of the card I made back in August, as I was asked by a few people how it was made, it’s very easy to do.  I was shown the technique by one of my on-line friends at a Live Craft evening a couple of years ago.

These fan shapes can be made any size you wish, I’m using 1.5 inch squares this time, you will need five of them, they can be either ‘T’ bag squares or cut from papers as I have done in my DT card.

Products used from Digital Delights are:
 
     My DT card from August    

 Lay your papers face down like a diamond mark a line diagonally with a pencil.


Then fold two sides in towards the centre line you marked, Do this to all five pieces.
                                    

Now take a piece of card and stick your five folded papers to this, cut out leaving a small border
 

For extra definition you can layer this onto another piece of card and leave another small border, I finished mine off by making a small hole and threading ribbon through and adding some card candi.
 

Hugs
Wendy R

6 comments on "Monday Hostess"

CRAZYCRAFTSHED on December 5, 2011 at 3:16 AM said...

Hi Wendy
Gorgeous cards and fabulous tutorial
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Wendy on December 5, 2011 at 9:31 AM said...

Fabulous work Wendy:) That fold is a great idea.
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

Chriss America Real on December 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM said...

Oh Wendy! These cards are so cute and your tutorial is so clear and easy to follow! Thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs,
Chriss

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

webmaster on January 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM said...

It's been really great going through your blog post, very well informed and described. Great to read and know more about such kind of stuff.

Rio de janeiro apartments

Diya on January 5, 2012 at 5:30 AM said...

what to say i praise of this blog, which contains a lot of amazing information as well as the thoughtful writes.

Yatching News

Relaxa on February 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM said...

Nice cards and good ideas.Thanks for sharing.

Sell uk home for Free