Followers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Monday Hostess!


Hi & welcome to my turn at Monday Hostess!
My name is Shell (shellshearer in blogland) I am a happily married  mom of 2 gorgeous teenage girls Katie & Danni, they are really close in age theres only 10 months between them, the good thing about it is they get on really, really well! We have a 6 yr old greyhound called Charlie who is a mommys boy, we also have a Leopard Gheko called Freddie that my gorgeous hubby Nige got me for Valentines this year! After 16 yrs he finally got me something a bit out there lol!!

Anyhoos I got into crafting about 20yrs ago, I started with a cross-stitch cushion cover, I got with some Christmas money. I progressed to using aida & dmc threads & still have a dabble when I get five minutes to myself lol!! My card making started about 6 years ago when the girls were younger & asked if they could make their own Christmas cards for their friends.....so I went to the local craft fair & have never looked back! My favourite thing is colouring with my Promarkers & Flexmarkers I prefer digi images to stamps as you can manipulate them to suit your creation!
I have been with Digital Delights since june this year & I have loved every minute of it, the girls are fabulous & I have loved every single image I have had the pleasure to use!

Right enough yapping on with my tutorial! I decided to show you mine & Katie's version of a bauble or hanging decoration, we made a few of these last year! Katie helped me out with the cutting, she's a wiz on the bigshot lolol!!


I started with three of my favourite stamps by Digital Delights, coloured them & then cut them out  (ok Katie did) & backed them, using my Nellie Snellon dies & my big shot!


I then glued the sides together, creating a three sided shape (you're best using wet glue & pegs, as dst tends to let go after a while!)


When you have glued all three sides you are better off standing it up to dry, then it drys in the shape you want it!



To finish off your creation, stick your ribbon down on the inside with dst or brads if your images will let you disguse them!


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today...

all images & papers I have used can be found over at Digital Delights

hug Shell xx

4 comments on "Monday Hostess!"

Bunny on November 21, 2011 at 2:12 AM said...

These are great Shell. love it..

Caz xx

Jules on November 21, 2011 at 4:04 AM said...

Fabby tutorial Shell!!

Love it!!

Love Jules xx

Wendy on November 21, 2011 at 9:32 AM said...

Fantastic Shell:)

Sandra on November 21, 2011 at 9:53 AM said...

Wow so cute:) Sandra H