Followers

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Christmas Wreath



Hello everyone & welcome to my show case Monday.
I must say I was quite nervous about doing this!!

My name is sally AKA sallysbitz.


I really enjoy making cards & other crafty projects too. My life has been quite busy of late but I craft when ever I can. I find it relaxes me. I have been privileged to be picked to be part of several DT spots & also a few  GD spots. I love visiting other crafter's blog's, I gain sooo much inspiration & have made lots of blogging friends too x
I hope this project inspires you  x

I have quite a few pics today ..... But you will understand why I had to show them.
I have an easy peasy technique on how to make a Christmas Wreath for your door. I do hope you like it, & if my post does not explain clearly or you need to ask a question, then please feel free to contact me.

Here goes ............
Equipment needed
Foam shape. I find polystirine works best because it has a tighter grip. This is all I could get my hands on & has worked perfectly.

Some Christmas coloured fabric, 2 colours. (Red - Green - Gold - Yellow - Silver - Purple) etc.

Circle shape to draw around.

pokey tool or cocktail stick.
&
some ribbons.

Now I will inform you what has to be done

Centre your circle shape & draw round it.

Cut your fabric into squares.

Using your pokey tool or cocktail stick, place it in the centre of the fabric & push into the foam shape. (You will feel if it's firm or not) if not poke it in a bit more (you cannot go wrong).

Continue doing this technique until the centre circle you have drawn on the foam shape is filled.

Now do exactly the same using your other coloured fabric. Repeat until all outer circle is full.

Now you need some ribbon to stick around the rim of the foam shape. 
I recycled mine from a prezzie, it fits perfectly & I used tacky glue to stick it.

Also add some ribbon to the back of the wreath, because you need this to attach it to your street door. I used tacky glue & had to wait a little for it to dry. This is where you can colour an image to attach to the centre.

I have used Sugar Plum by Digital Delights by louby loo and can be purchased HERE.
I have used Promarkers & Sakura jelly roll pens to colour her.

I used a small scalloped circle by Spellbinders in silver mirror board to attach Sugar Plum. I then used pinflair glue to attach image to centre of wreath. It's got to be durable for all weathers!!

Here is my completed wreath on my street door. ( I can tell you people must have thought I'd gone totally BONKERS banging a small pin into my door & hanging this wreath at the end of September) even though it was 7am in the morning & only stayed up for me to take a photo Lol

I do hope you have enjoyed this post.
Remember you can use any shape, any size, any colour fabric, lots of embelishments etc etc, the list is just endless.
If you do make one, I would love to see it x

Hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

7 comments on "Christmas Wreath"

Lisa Foster on October 10, 2011 at 7:10 AM said...

WOW Sally! This is Gorgeous! Thank you for being our lovely hostess this week! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa on October 10, 2011 at 7:44 AM said...

amazing job Sally what a wonderful tutorial, I will have to try this some time!!

rosalien on October 10, 2011 at 7:59 AM said...

Wow, Sally this is stunning!! I love it, hmmm I think we all have to go to the store now. Fantastic tutorial. Thanks. :))

Hugs, Rosalien

leslierahye on October 10, 2011 at 10:21 PM said...

This is super cute Sally! Love the technique!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED on October 11, 2011 at 1:45 AM said...

Hi Sally
A gorgeous wreath just love the tutorial
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Splashbunny on October 11, 2011 at 2:09 AM said...

Very clever Sally!!
I believe you can never start christmas too early!! It is such a wonderful time of the year (if you don't work in retail :s)
Thanks for sharing hun!

Splashbunny on October 11, 2011 at 2:09 AM said...

Very clever Sally!!
I believe you can never start christmas too early!! It is such a wonderful time of the year (if you don't work in retail :s)
Thanks for sharing hun!