Followers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Monday Hostess with Nancy Dawes



Hi, this is NancyD from Crafting Passions and I am your Monday Hostess this week.  Paper crafting is one of my many passions.  While I have been making cards and scrapbooks for many years, I only recently found the world of blogs, challenges and digital images.  I started my blog in January and I still have a lot to learn. 

My four grown children (3 married) and five grand children keep me busy along with my work as a Business Analyst.  My spare time is spent making cards and other projects, and surfing the blogs for new techniques and challenges. I also enjoy reading science fiction/fantasy and spending time at the beach or camping with the family.

The project I have to share is a book I made for my youngest grandson who just had his first birthday.  Little Austin loves looking at books and having anyone around read to him so I thought a story written by Grandma would be a perfect birthday gift.

My story is - What is Christmas?  I used all Digital Delights stamps to tell the story.  There are so many wonderful images in the store that it was easy for me to find just what I needed.


I laminated all the pages and as a result was limited to the number of layers I could add to my  project.

Every book has a title page, right?

Candy Cane Jingles

Smiley Tree

Tangled Lights Reindeer

Sled and Bear from the Just Chillin Set

Caroling Penny
I added Stickles to her dress and hat

Santa Bryce
The North Pole sign is from the Just Chillin Set

Made my own pencil sketch here and afterwards thought that I should have used Unto Us a Child is Born

Singing Angel from Musical Angels

Mary from A Child is Born Nativity Set

Joseph from A Child is Born Nativity Set

Barn, Camel and Sheep from A Child is Born Nativity Set


Barn and Baby Jesus from A Child is Born Nativity Set





I hope you have enjoyed my project today and are inspired to write your own stories using our wonderful digital stamps.

Hugs
NANCY

6 comments on "Monday Hostess with Nancy Dawes"

Nikbee on September 5, 2011 at 1:56 AM said...

What a fabulous project, Nancy. Such a great idea.
Nikki x

Scrappy Scatty on September 5, 2011 at 5:34 AM said...

well done what a fabby idea
love Jan xx

Wendy on September 5, 2011 at 10:06 AM said...

Absolutely wonderful project Nancy:)

rosalien on September 5, 2011 at 3:08 PM said...

Woh Nancy, what a great project, I just love this idea.This is so great to read to your grandson and let him look to these cute images that matches the story. You did a great job making this book. :)) Absolutly stunning!!

Hugs, Rosalien

CRAZYCRAFTSHED on September 7, 2011 at 1:53 AM said...

Hi Nancy
A gorgeous and fabulous project
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Larelyn on September 7, 2011 at 10:13 AM said...

Oh My!! What a sweet and beautiful project. I am in awe. You've created an enduring gift that will be cherished, I'm sure.
Hugs,