Followers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hostess Monday with Nikki!


Hi all,
It's Nikki from The day's eye here and it is my turn to host this Monday. I have been a designer for Digital Delights since July and love using the wonderful images and being part of such a fantastic team.
When I'm not crafting, I love spending time with my husband and two daughters (aged 4 and 1), reading historical crime fiction and taking part in musicals in our local amateur society. When I am crafting, I don't have a particular style as I like to try out new techniques and adapt things to suit the recipient. I am quite a messy crafter, which is difficult as I don't have a craft room or even a craft desk, so have things scattered about the living room and if I don't tidy them away quickly enough, my 4 year old grabs them for her creations!
For my show today, I have created a set for my daughter's 5th birthday party. She loves pink, dressing up in princess dresses and all things fairytale. So, these fantastic images are perfect. I have used the castle for the front of the invitation and added Princess Shona, Augustus the Dragon and Sparky the Knight to the inside.
Once I made this, I then got a bit carried away and made tags for the party bags and place markers for the table.

Although she isn't 5 until January, I need time to make them all, as she wants to invite about 15 children at the last count, and there is a little thing called Christmas to prepare for too!
If you wish to find out about the other materials I have used, please check my blog.
I have enjoyed hosting today and thanks for reading.
 
Hugs
Nikki


5 comments on "Hostess Monday with Nikki!"

Scrappy Scatty on September 19, 2011 at 6:23 AM said...

Lovely Nikki
well done
Love Jan
xx

Sandra on September 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM said...

These are lovely well done:) Sandra H

Wendy on September 19, 2011 at 9:12 AM said...

These are wonderful Nikki! Would love to hear more about your musicals too:) Wonderful work.
Hugs
Wendy

CRAZYCRAFTSHED on September 19, 2011 at 10:54 AM said...

Hi Nikki
Gorgeous and fabulous work
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Lisa Lara on September 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM said...

Such creativity and inspiration!