Followers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hostess Monday with Mary!


Hi!! This is Mary from My Stampin Hide-away and I’m your hostess for this Monday!! I’ve been with Digital Delights since this past summer and I’m having a great time!! I hope you’ve been enjoying my creations!

First of all, let me tell you a little about myself. If you’ve ever read my blog profile you’ll know that I’m a motorcycle-riding, paper-hoarding, Copic-loving ribbon-a-holic and I love to stamp!! I’ve been stamping for a little over 10 years or so. I love “sparkly things” but you won’t find much glitter on my projects as I am “glitterphobic”! I am part of a fabulous group of stamping friends called The Meade Girls. We get together often to stamp, chat, and of course, eat! When I’m not stamping, you’ll find me riding the back roads with my husband on my very own motorcycle. I’ve had my motorcycle license for 4-1/2 years now and there’s nothing better than being out on the road with the wind in your face! Since I love to spend money on stamping “stuff”, I must work and I do that as a school secretary at our local elementary school. I enjoy reading historical romances and I just love pirates, knights, and ”sparkly” vampires (Twilight)! ;) I’m also an avid Baltimore Ravens’ fan!

Okay, enough about me- onto the project that I want to share with you. Recently, as I was looking through the ABC Distributing catalog that I received in the mail, I found these little note paper holders:


They were only $5.95 for a set of 6 and they’re very nicely made! I thought they’d be really cute to “decorate up” and give as little gifts. Sometimes you just need a small token to give for one reason or another. It only takes about 10 minutes to throw one of these together. Here’s what mine looks like:


I cut a 4” x 3-3/4” piece of Summer Sun cardstock and attached that to the top of the note paper holder using Red Line tape. I then cut a piece of blue plaid patterned paper to 3-3/4” x 3-1/2” and layered that on top of the Summer Sun piece.

For my main image, I used Rainy Day Dilly, who I just love!


I colored the image using my beloved Copic Markers and punched it out using my Cuttlebug and the oval Nestabilities. I layered that on to a piece of Summer Sun cut with the scalloped oval Nestabilities and attached that to the center of the note paper holder using pop dots. I then added some clear dew drops around the edges of the scalloped oval. It kinda reminds me of rain drops…


Inside, there is a clear plastic “pocket” for a photo. Instead, I inserted a 2012 calendar. This is perfect for those little tear-off, stick-on calendars! To finish it off, I stamped “Hello” in the bottom corner of the first sheet of note paper.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this project. They’re so quick and lots of fun to do! If you’d like to see more of my creations, please visit my blog here…I love visitors AND comments! Hope you have a great week!!

Inky Hugs,
Mary

4 comments on "Hostess Monday with Mary!"

Nikbee on September 26, 2011 at 4:34 AM said...

A fab project Mary. I love the dew drops - they really do look like rain.
Nikki x

Scrappy Scatty on September 26, 2011 at 8:27 AM said...

Lovely project Mary xx

Wendy on September 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM said...

Absolutely brilliant Mary and lovely to hear more about you too:)
Hugs
Wendy

Lisa Lara on September 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM said...

Wonderful Mary!