Followers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Monday Hostess with Jackie


Hi there everyoneIt’s me, Jackie and today it is my turn to be the Monday Hostess. Let me tell you a bit about me and then I’ll share a project that I've made.

As for me ... you might not guess it but I tend to be pretty shy (camera shy) and reserved. I’m very much a homebody. Ibeing at home! Outside of spending time with my family and grand kids and crafting, my favorite thing to do is read. I love books … all kinds but you’ll often find me with the latest Nora Roberts or Fern Michaels book, basically a PG romance novel. What can I say …I’m partial to a lighthearted story with a happy ending. :)

 Aside from the above, I also like to take photos, cook and try out new recipes, playing Wii with the grand kids (happy to report my virtual bowling and golf games are improving), vacationing with my family and I have a horrible weakness for chocolate and coffee.

For my project today I am sharing one of my favorite gifts to make for friends. With our new Fall Kids and Prairie Kids collection,  it the perfect time to think about those cooler evening and family bonfires and S’mores.

I used our beautiful Acorn Patch Simply Fall Digital papers, Mr. Straw and Harvest Blessings sentiment from the Fall sentiments to  create  a S’mores Survival kit, a big hit among my family and friends







 Supplies needed :
3 empty clear card boxes
Scor- tape/redline tape
Card stock
Digital papers
Digital images


Cut your card stock to 5.25 X 6.75 (cut 2), score 1 inch along all sides. Cut flaps on the score lines on both top and bottom.  Fold flaps under and secure with tape for added strength.  Decorate sides and top. Make two.

Slip clear boxes onto base and tape down again using either Scor-tape/redline tape. Slip lid on top and secure with ribbon, jute or twine.


Now you are ready to fill it with all the makings for your yummy S'mores.
I found these cute telescoping marshmallow sticks in the dollar spot at Target.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope I’ve inspired you just a bit!

Jackie

11 comments on "Monday Hostess with Jackie"

Chrissy on August 7, 2011 at 10:42 PM said...

OMG...We are chocolate and coffee sisters...who woulda thunk!!!

Great project Jackie, love the image and wonderful colouring...AND...did that say "HERSHEYS" on the side??

Luv CHRISSYxx

Maryann on August 8, 2011 at 12:49 AM said...

Such an awesome creation JAckie, and soooo useful too. Who doesnt love a good chocolate? he he he, so I´m sure, we coan all use loads of these for many occations here during the fall. Thanks sooo much for the tut here, it´s awesome.

Scrappy Scatty on August 8, 2011 at 5:31 AM said...

This is great Jackie wll done
love Jan
xx

Lisa Foster on August 8, 2011 at 7:13 AM said...

WOW Jacki!
This is fabulous! Too cute!!! Thank you for the tutorial too! I can't wait to give it a try:)
Thank you for being our hostess this week!
Hugs,
Lisa

Wendy on August 8, 2011 at 8:29 AM said...

This is absolutely wonderful Jackie:) I will certainly have to give this a try!
Thanks for being such a fabulous hostess!
Hugs
Wendy

Lisa on August 8, 2011 at 8:30 AM said...

Great Job Jackie, I love it!!!. I am a reader too I just started to read the Fern Micheals sisterhood series.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED on August 8, 2011 at 9:38 AM said...

Hi Jackie
A gorgeous creation
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Sandra on August 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM said...

This is great:) Sandra H

rosalien on August 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM said...

Fantastic job Jackie, I love this clearbox. I love all the details, it matches so well with the harvest theme. :)
Nice to get to know you a little better. ;)

Hugs, Rosalien

Larelyn on August 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM said...

This is just the cutest gift ever. How clever you are. So nice to get to know you. We seem to love the same reading materials. In fact my Kindle and I are heading to the recliner right now!
Hugs,

Splashbunny on August 9, 2011 at 5:47 AM said...

Soo clever Jackie!!
works great for xmas as well!
hugs
Zahreen
xxxx