Followers

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Meet our Guest Designer Dr. Sonia!!


Dear Readers I am so excited to be writing this as this is the first time I am doing a Spotlight Guest DT post.
 

A few words about myself- I am an ENT Surgeon working in Bangalore , India. I have been dabbling in various crafts since a year both as a stress relief mechanism as well as to encourage my little one to craft.Paper crafts are my favorite hobby and making interactive and out of the mill cards is a passion. I often craft with my 5 year old and the project I am sharing has had tremendous input from her right from the embellishing and coloring to deciding which image went where. Wendy, my little one thinks your mermaid is a " wow"and kept asking me why are we making only 2 mermaids I want more!


 
The little mermaid on the front of the pop up card has been heat embossed and embellished with sequins.I have also used various quilling techniques to create a sea life scenery.
 

This is a side step card cum pop up diorama card.
 








 
The inside of a side step card is easy to construct into a pop up diorama and here I have recycled some of my daughters school project images to create a pop up panoramic scene.We layered 2 mermaid images to get a 3 D decoupage Mermaid.The Ray fish on the lower part of the card swings by a special kinetic mechanism across the " Have a Magical Day" Sentiment.I hope you like our card. I have written a detailed tutorial on my blog for this card. Thank You
 
Wow!! Absolutely amazing and gorgeous Sonia!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
You can see all of our Under the Sea collection here!
 
See more of Dr. Sonia's work at her blog here
Photobucket

9 comments on "Meet our Guest Designer Dr. Sonia!!"

Dr Sonia S V on July 5, 2011 at 10:33 PM said...

Thank You Wendy for the honour.It is very exciting for me!

Stacie (craft-princess) on July 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM said...

WOW! You did a wonderful job Dr. Sonia!

Bunny on July 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM said...

Wow brilliant creation..xx

Caz xx

Benzi on July 6, 2011 at 12:56 PM said...

I saw this on Dr. Sonia's blog. She is very talented and has made such a spectacular creation!!She certainly deserves the spotlight.

Sandra on July 6, 2011 at 6:30 PM said...

These are fabulous:) Sandra H

Jacki Randolph on July 6, 2011 at 11:15 PM said...

WOW!! Fabulous creations Dr.Sonia!!! Love the embossed merimaid with all her sequins and your diorama card is simply Fantastic!!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations wih us!!!! Love them both!

Kim on July 7, 2011 at 5:35 AM said...

I just love what Dr. Sonia did with your Digi! What an amazing card she created and a very talented little one:)
~Kim

Sonia on July 8, 2011 at 4:56 AM said...

Hi!
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL creation. Great Job!! Congrats Sonia!!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Anita Hovey on July 11, 2011 at 5:42 PM said...

WOW! That is an amazing work of art!