Followers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Meet today's Guest Designer Susan Killam




Hello everyone, it's Susan from Killam Creative. I'm tickled to be chosen as guest Designer for Digital Delights - thanks so much! I've been a fine art photographer from the tender age of 13 (oh, so many years ago!), and started paper crafting about 5 years ago. It began with the intent of collecting all the bits and bobs of life into scrapbooks, and has morphed into greeting cards in a BIG way. :) Sadly, the scrapbooks have taken a back seat for now. I love working with details and layering - someone called it "fussy cutting". Love that term!
Susan made this gorgeous card using out Mermaid stamp from our Under the Sea collection


My card-making "style" is... eclectic? Vintage? Fussy? Perhaps all of these. In my early days I was *very* inspired by none-other-than Digital Delight's very own Cindy Royal and read her blog daily. I popped all over blog-land and pored over the galleries at SCS picking out things I liked. I would say my teeter-totter leans toward the vintage side most of the time. I can't always do a full-blown vintage card, but I manage to fit in lace or crochet and almost always ink-distress my edges. My sewing machine has a permanent perch on my table, just waiting for action! Oh, and Stickles. I use both regular and Distress Stickles all the time. Sometimes you'll see just a hint (easy to do with the non-flashy Distress kind), and others you'll find it all over.
I'm amazed every day at the wonderful, inspirational projects I see in our paper-crafty community. Just when I think "how many ways can you cut paper?" I click another link and my jaw drops. Really, there are infinite ways to cut paper and you *all* are incredibly inspiring! I believe sharing is important to the community's growth - if you ever have a question about my techniques or sources, just ask!

I have an Etsy greeting card shop called Killam Creative and recently opened a jewelry shop (Killam Creative Studio) for my other creative outlet. In both cases, doing the detail work is my absolute pleasure and I had to find a way to "move" all of these projects out of my house. *grin* My blog is at http://killamcreative.blogspot.com"target="_blank - I would be delighted to have you visit. Cheers!
 
Thanks so much Susan for sharing your beautiful work with use today!!
Hugs


Photobucket

1 comments on "Meet today's Guest Designer Susan Killam"

Lisa Foster on September 12, 2010 at 7:21 AM said...

WOW Susuan! This is so beautiful! Thank you so much for being our guest designer and showcasing your awesome talent! :)
Hugs,
Lisa