Followers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Jingles the Snowman Shaker / Shadow Box Card


I have been wanting to make a Shadow box forever and finally got around to it!! I actually went one step further and made it a shaker shadow box!!


I used one of my latest illustrations from the October new releases, Jingles the Snowman, and printed him out twice. I cut him out and then on the other just cut the head and scarf, then put him together with foam dots. The background was made with a cloud template and water based ink. The rest of the scene was created using paper piecing which I cut from different card stocks. I used my dotty cuttlebug folder for the snowy hills and then added some flowersot around the edges.

The front of the shadowbox has an acetate window. For the shaker part, I added some micro beads and  Diamond Dust. I also used my cricut to cut out the word "SNOW" on the front and also to cute out the frame around the box which I distresed with my nail file!!
I finished off by adding some snowflake buttons, a row of beads and some ribbon.

Of course being a shadow box the card is pretty deep, so that called for a handcrafted box!!

On the inside I made a small envelope to hold a gift card and used my new MS Loopy punch for details!!

Hope you are having a fun day!!
Hugs
Wendy

4 comments on "Jingles the Snowman Shaker / Shadow Box Card"

Annie on November 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM said...

oh my! SUPER adorable!!!

Annie on November 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teri on November 3, 2009 at 2:37 AM said...

Fantastic! Lovely snowman, and gorgeous box!!
Hugs,
Teri x

Patricia St Martin on November 3, 2009 at 8:22 PM said...

I just love your shaker card. Absolutely Beautiful!!