Followers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

It Guest DT Time - Welcome Jennifer


Hi All, Happy Thursday and welcome to our Guest DT, Jennifer Scull.  Jennifer has created some amazing designs for us!! Welcome Jennifer!!!


My name is Jennifer Scull, and I am 45 years old. I have been married for 23 years to my college sweetheart, David. We have 3 teenage sons who bring us such joy! Hubby is a former golf professional (25+ years), but left to go into the ministry. He currently serves as the Director of a wonderful camp as well as the Pastor of Youth Ministries for our church District. What this means is that we moved a bit in our earlier years, but have now settled into a lovely town in northeast Ohio that sees LOTS of snow every winter. Quite a change for this Texas girl, but oh, I do love it!

I have been stamping and scrapping for about 10 years now. I started as a scrapbooker, but got bitten by the stamping bug 6 or 7 years ago when I went to a home party. I haven't been the same since!!! ;) My style is more shabby/vintage, and I love love love to distress everything! and embellies, goodness, I can't imagine creating something that doesn't have ribbons, buttons, flowers, or some great bit of texture added! But you will find a bit of whimsy thrown in just for fun, too! I'm a firm believer in the fun of life - it only takes one look at my bright blue toenails to tell you that! :) With my crazy hubby, 3 wacky teenage boys, 2 labradors, and 2 cats (plus the numerous strays that we feed), God is always bringing plenty of WHIMSY into my life, as you can well imagine. But I wouldn't trade a single moment of it for anything. and hopefully you will see that reflected in my crafting.




Jennifer used Birthday Ridley - How would you like to be surprised with a raccoon in your prezzie for the holidays? Well if he is as cute as this fella - the answer would be a loud YES!!! :) When I saw him, I knew that I wanted to make a Christmas card, so I grabbed my Basic Grey Wassail paper pack and went to town!!! The card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square. All of the gold painted areas are covered in beeswax shimmerz for that extra fun glittery shine! A sparkly Prima ornament and flowers along with some teeny tiny buttons add to the holiday feel. Sure to make someone's Christmas a wee bit brighter!


Jennifer used Patriotic Ridley - When I first saw this cute little guy, I knew that I wanted to try out my brand new Jenni Blowlin Trendy mini paper pack to go with him! All coloring is watercolors and his hat, bowtie, coat, and the spotlighted area have been painted over with crystal stickles. I added in some fun little extra embellies from Making Memories Vintage Findings packs in addition to their tiny buttons and May Arts plaid ribbon. some distessing on the edges of the papers adds to the fun of this happy patriotic card! Makes you ready to celebrate anything! :)




Jennifer used Sheriff Hooty - Howdy Pardner! This fella welcomes you to town complete with his ten gallon hat and western bandana. He has the shiny sheriff's star courtesy of beeswax shimmerz (which was also painted on the other metal star embellies). A gingham ribbon, leather button, and some twine help complete the western look. The bandana paper by Flair Designs has been edged in faux stitching. Our owl friend was watercolored and then sponged with darker ink to give more texture. His vest was sponged with white craft ink to give a worn feel. Perfect to send along to that guy in your life! The feather is actually a leaf pin that I removed the top from and adhered.

Wow Jennifer!! Thanks for sharing these amazing works of art with us!! They are fabulous!! Thanks for spending the day with us too!!

To see more of Jennifers wonderful creations, please stop by and visit her blog Just Coffee Please... & Stamps, & Ribbons, & Paper

Have a fabby day
Hugs
Wendy

7 comments on "It Guest DT Time - Welcome Jennifer"

Teri on October 22, 2009 at 3:34 AM said...

Brilliant work Jen! Well done on the GDT spot!
Hugs,
Teri x

Judy on October 22, 2009 at 11:10 AM said...

Congrats on GDT spot! Jen you work is beautiful!

bluepoohbear75 on October 22, 2009 at 11:14 AM said...

Great work. I love the raccoon.

Tatanky on October 22, 2009 at 11:59 AM said...

The Christmas card is wonderful I just love it !

Craftyanny on October 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM said...

Wow Jennifer you did a great job, your cards are fabby
Anne x

Lauretta See ( LadyPou) on October 22, 2009 at 6:00 PM said...

Hey! congrats on your spotlight Jennifer!! you deserve it.. your creations are beautiful :)

hugs, xx

Rachel on October 23, 2009 at 8:50 AM said...

your cards are FABULOUS jennifer, Great job!!
hugs,
Rachel :0)